Mid/Senior Graphic Designer
A Multi Skilled Design Hero
Salary: Negotiable (Mid to Senior)
Starting date: Immediately
Reports to: Creative Director
If fonts make you frisky, and your files have more layers than a Christopher Nolan movie – please kern this way. We’re looking for a talented mid-weight designer to join our advertising agency.
We need someone who can do it all – from logos to websites, to brand and banners. Someone we can trust to not just make things look pretty, but to push it (and push it real good).
But what’s in it for you? Well, you’ll be working with some of the most talented creatives and designers in Sydney (tick), you’ll be working in the heart of Surry Hills (double tick), AND you’ll be on a wide variety of clients and jobs (triple tick).
So if you think you’re just our type - awesome. We’re looking for someone to start right now, so please apply RIGHT NOW.
- Work side by side with the Project leads and Creative teams to translate client briefs and creative strategy into pixel perfect pieces of work.
- Design bold, beautiful and considered brand identity solutions across multiple mediums. From Brand Identity to Integrated Advertising campaigns, you must have the ability to conceptually design smart solutions.
- Articulate strong rationale for your concepts
- Ability to art direct your own work, self manage your time and review your work to minimise errors and produce consistently accurate solutions. We want to give you the freedom to do great things.
- Provide constructive feedback to your own and others work
- Be passionate and relentlessly curious about users and customers and how they see the world.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years design experience in the Design/Advertising Industry agency, preferably in a fast-paced multi-skilled design team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Graphic design, Visual or Applied Communications.
- Demonstrates great attention to detail and who can manage time well.
- Must be a design program wizard and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Axure and other prototyping/wireframing tools.
- Advanced knowledge of colour profiles for on screen and print essential.
- Video editing and animation skills welcomed but not mandatory.
- You must love the Internet. Digital experience and a deeper understanding of UX and UI would be beneficial.
- No development or coding knowledge required, however understanding of HTML and CSS would be an asset.
- You must be an Australian resident or have legal right to live and work in Australia
- Confident and positive attitudes only - we need high quality, smart solutions, not nancy naysayers.
Internal working relationships
- Reports to the Creative Director.
- Works with the project leads and team (internal and external) to produce outstanding work according to project deliverables.
- Liaises with production team, creative, designers, developers, interns and third party providers.
- We also offer a professional development program to help you set and smash future career and personal goals. We promise to nurture these goals with the relentless enthusiasm of a stage mum.
How to apply
- Send us your CV, portfolio or link of real work (please don’t include student work). Your cover letter must also include details of your salary expectations.
- A 100-word description of why you think you’d be the perfect fit for Common Ventures. Make us fall in love with you.
- If we are blown away by your work, you will receive an email to ask you to come in for an interview. Interviews may include a creative brief. Get excited.
- Applications close 15th May 2015