Salary - Negotiable (Junior to Mid)
Starting date - Immediately
Reports to – Strategy Director
Does a content calendar turn you on? Is your phone currently glued to your hand? Do you feel slightly nauseousness if someone hasn’t responded to a posts comment within the hour?
We’re looking for a shiny new community manager, and if you answered yes to any of those questions – we could be looking for you. Yes you.
This role calls for someone who can take care of the social needs of our nearest and dearest (our clients) and coordinating the relevant people within the agency to help you do it. You must have excellent time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to catch a fire before it happens or put out small fires if and when they arise.
Once you have mastered the agency merry-go-round of client requests, content calendars, meetings, results, reports and reviews, you will be treated to a weekly Messina ice-cream, and then told to get back to work.
We also offer a professional development program to help you set and smash future career and personal goals. We promise to nurture these goals with the relentless enthusiasm of a stage mum.
- Working with our clients to manage their online social presence in a variety of channels
- Managing comments (what is appropriate/inappropriate)
- Understanding and implementing what’s successful and what isn’t and the conditions that contribute to success
- Preparing fortnightly and monthly reports
- Keeping track of issues with products, retailers, call centres etc...
- Finding Influencers and running influencer campaigns
- Attending internal and external meetings to report on projects on behalf on Common Ventures
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in an agency or client led role within marketing or advertising
- Experience with social management, project documentation creation, resource management and organisational management
- Ability to write and produce written documents with thorough attention to detail
- Appreciation for copywriting and design
- Excited by working with a small team and working hands on to create effective results
- Instinctively intuitive and proactive at communicating with varied stakeholders
- Positive approach to finding solutions collectively
- Driven by delivering projects on time and to budget
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, detail oriented, with superior project management skills
- Ability to meet tight and often conflicting deadlines
- High energy levels
- Competent on MS Office applications, google docs, and other internet based project management software.
Internal working relationships
- Reports to Managing Director
- Works with Senior Accounts Director
- Liaises with production team, creatives, designers, developers, interns and third party providers.
How to apply
Send your CV through to Candice our General Manager at email@example.com or give her a call on 0477068830.
Mid/Senior Graphic Designer – A Multi Skilled Design Hero
Salary: Negotiable (Mid to Senior)
Starting date: Immediately
Reports to: Creative Director
If fonts make you frisky, and your files have more layers than a Christopher Nolan movie – please kern this way. We’re looking for a talented mid-weight designer to join our advertising agency.
We need someone who can do it all – from logos to websites, to brand and banners. Someone we can trust to not just make things look pretty, but to push it (and push it real good).
But what’s in it for you? Well, you’ll be working with some of the most talented creatives and designers in Sydney (tick), you’ll be working in the heart of Surry Hills (double tick), AND you’ll be on a wide variety of clients and jobs (triple tick).
So if you think you’re just our type - awesome. We’re looking for someone to start right now, so please apply RIGHT NOW.
- Work side by side with the Project leads and Creative teams to translate client briefs and creative strategy into pixel perfect pieces of work.
- Design bold, beautiful and considered brand identity solutions across multiple mediums. From Brand Identity to Integrated Advertising campaigns, you must have the ability to conceptually design smart solutions.
- Articulate strong rationale for your concepts
- Ability to art direct your own work, self manage your time and review your work to minimise errors and produce consistently accurate solutions. We want to give you the freedom to do great things.
- Provide constructive feedback to your own and others work
- Be passionate and relentlessly curious about users and customers and how they see the world.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years design experience in the Design/Advertising Industry agency, preferably in a fast-paced multi-skilled design team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Graphic design, Visual or Applied Communications.
- Demonstrates great attention to detail and who can manage time well.
- Must be a design program wizard and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Axure and other prototyping/wireframing tools.
- Advanced knowledge of colour profiles for on screen and print essential.
- Video editing and animation skills welcomed but not mandatory.
- You must love the Internet. Digital experience and a deeper understanding of UX and UI would be beneficial.
- No development or coding knowledge required, however understanding of HTML and CSS would be an asset.
- You must be an Australian resident or have legal right to live and work in Australia
- Confident and positive attitudes only - we need high quality, smart solutions, not nancy naysayers.
Internal working relationships
- Reports to the Creative Director.
- Works with the project leads and team (internal and external) to produce outstanding work according to project deliverables.
- Liaises with production team, creative, designers, developers, interns and third party providers.
- We also offer a professional development program to help you set and smash future career and personal goals. We promise to nurture these goals with the relentless enthusiasm of a stage mum.
How to apply
- Send us your CV, portfolio or link of real work (please don’t include student work). Your cover letter must also include details of your salary expectations.
- A 100-word description of why you think you’d be the perfect fit for Common Ventures. Make us fall in love with you.
- If we are blown away by your work, you will receive an email to ask you to come in for an interview. Interviews may include a creative brief. Get excited.
- Applications ongoing
Common Ventures is looking for a variety of interns (creative, accounts, project management) and if you’re here, you’re probably hunting for a company like us.
THE DEAL: Working closely with our Creative Director, Strategy Director and Creatives, you'll be exposed to all of our projects and work on solving a variety of problems across a range of different media.
WHAT WE WANT: You're a strategically curious, creatively rebellious person with a love of technology – and you probably want to get into 'advertising'.
WHAT WE DON'T WANT: Dickheads, lazy people or kleptomaniacs.
WHAT YOU GET: You won’t just write scripts and sketch up storyboards, you'll form and hone strategic, creative and presentation skills and dabble in product development. You will, of course, be expected to consume an incredible number of milkshakes.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY: If you want to learn some amazing new skills from some of the brightest minds in the industry, add real-world work to your creative folio, get a top-notch reference, or spy on the inner workings of one of Sydney's most exciting new Advertising companies – drop us a line. Or a milkshake.